July 2, 2018

March 2, 2018

February 3, 2018

January 7, 2018

October 10, 2017

August 31, 2017

May 18, 2017

April 23, 2017

Please reload

Recent Posts

What is Woodbound?

April 21, 2017

1/1
Please reload

Featured Posts

Summer Devlog

August 31, 2017

It's been a bit since I've written a formal blog post about Woodbound. I hope everyone is doing well.

With the last few weeks of summer on the docket, I figured I'd check in and let everyone know how things were going with Woodbound. Overall, for most of July and August, I didn't actually get a whole lot of time to work on Woodbound. Partly due to me wanting to balance out my time better between my development passions, my family, and my day job, and mostly due to me failing at those attempts by taking a few contract jobs and working on another, smaller project in attempts to raise funding for Woodbound. Regardless, I had a few things that I've finished, I'm wrapping up my last contract job this Friday, and I'm shifting my focus back on Woodbound, so the next blog should be a bit better. Here's what I've done since I last posted:

 

Basebuilding Revamp

The basebuilding revamp is pretty much complete, with frame pieces of the base being placed and then put together board by board, and destroyed in a massive blast of all those boards. Tackling AI next, it'll be cool to see the bases being built by AI who place the boards one at a time, sometimes leaving base pieces unfinished due to distractions or dangers stopping them from completing their tasks.

 

 

Forest Spawning

 

While the landscape is static, forests are now procedurally generated, allowing for a lot of quick control over tree layouts, variety during each playthrough, and easy access to the ISM arrays for instance removal for things like tree cutting.
 

  

Flowers

 

Flowers got a bit of a touch-up; they're no longer separate meshes with separate materials, they're now one mesh with one material, with the bud being assigned randomly from a grid of 4 available buds. Super performance friendly and easy to use.

 

 

 

Grass

 

Grass had a serious overdraw issue, which is now fixed, so it can be more lush without costing as much.

 

Campfire

 

I fixed some stuff on the campfire, mainly finicky placement, as well as made the particles emit light instead of having a static point light. Much more lively.

  

 

And that's about it, the basebuilding thing was definitely the biggest chunk, it's been in my head for a while so it feels nice to have it done.

 

Until next time!

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags